Example demo project
Latest version: 2022.1.4
What is this asset?
This plugin is designed to improve the gunplay in your shooter project by applying procedural, high-quality and smooth recoil animations.
Traditionally, in FPS and TPS games recoil animations are just normal baked clips, which are manually created by an animator. However, this approach requires a lot of animations and time, so that's where PRAS comes in: it provides procedural solution to save your time and memory budget.
PRAS comes with many settings to modify recoil animation to your liking and make it fit perfectly into your shooter project and animation style. There're 2 solvers to choose from:
- Advanced curve-based: extensive customization, can be used with any style (from cartoonish to brutal realism)
- Legacy interp-based: good for fast prototyping, doesn't require curves
Recoil animation can be easily modified by weapon weight, attachments, or even character stats - this can be achieved by applying modifiers in runtime.
Ok, what if I already have firing/recoil animations, can I still use this plugin?Yes, sure!PRAS is capable of converting baked animations into procedural ones, by extracting curves from the anim sequence. These curves can also be used for other procedural motions, like idle, walking, or sprinting - you can find these examples in the demo project.
How does it work?
The plugin is essentially an actor component, which takes RecoilAnimData (curves, target random values for hip and aim fire, smoothing params, etc.) and then generates recoil animation. The animation values, retrieved from the component, are supposed to be applied in the animation blueprint via IK - don't worry, the demo project has everything you need to get started.
Just got the plugin?
Here are 3 steps you need to do, once you've got the asset:
- Contact me via official support e-mail
- Send your order ID (just a formality)
- Get access to the Discord server
C++ knowledge is not mandatory. However, it's strongly recommended to have at least a basic understanding of Blueprints to work with the plugin.Read More
- Advanced curve-based solver
- Lite lerp-based solver
- Simple integration process
- 20+ settings to play around with
- Procedural locomotion
- Support for attachments
- Converter for baked animations
- Demo project (True first-person, IK animation setup and weapons)
- Variety and smoothness in generated animations
- Frame rate independence
Number of Blueprints: 1
Number of C++ Classes: 6
Network Replicated: Yes
Supported Development Platforms: Win64
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win64, Android