Physical Water Surface simulates different sea states for wind speeds from 1 m/s to 35 m/s and fetch lengths from 50 km to 1500 km. Seamless transitions between all sea states and wind directions are possible. The wave parameters of Physical Water surface were carefully derived using the JONSWAP spectrum, an equation from oceanography that guarantees realistic water motion for waves of all sizes.
Making an object float on the water is easy: Just add the Buoyancy Component Blueprint to an object and Physical Water Surface takes care of the rest. The points for calculating the buoyant force on the object are generated automatically in rectangular or elliptical shape. Floating objects can fully interact with the UE4 physics system. They can collide with other objects react to forces acting on them. To make a boat go forwards just add a horizontal force in Blueprint. A ready to use player controlled boat Blueprint is included.
Everything has been designed to just work out of the box with no complicated setup required. Physical Water Surface comes with six example maps that show how all the different features work, making your first steps easy.
- Gerstner Waves implementation and ready to use WaterPlane Blueprint with animated foam
- 100% Blueprints, no C++
- Water motion adapts to selected wind speed, fetch length and wind direction with seamless transitions
- Buoyancy sets up automatically, floating objects can fully interact with the UE4 physics system
- Infinite Ocean System: Water plane moves with the player creating an infinite ocean. Water is hidden inside of boats.
- Great performance: Blueprints can be nativized to C++ code (UE 4.14 and higher)
- Compatible with Orbit Weather and Seasons pack
- Blueprints: 13
- Maps: 8
- Materials: 1 Material
- Do Materials derive from a Master Material with instances as variation: Yes
- Intended Platform: Desktop, Console, VR
- Platforms Tested: Windows, Oculus