Bring your game texts to life with this easy to use and customize plugin. Chosen by thousands of developers all over the world (in games like \"Cult of the Lamb\", \"Slime Rancher 2\" and more), Text Animator for Unity is a powerful and flexible tool supporting many games, platforms and genres. Enjoy!
- 📝 Documentation : learn everthing about Text Animator and feel comfortable even before getting it.
- 📺 Showcase : watch the first episodes of \"Games using Text Animator for Unity\", and submit yours for future ones.
- 👍🏻 Requirements : read its requirements and learn exactly what you can do.
- 📧 Contact me : for any question or support request.
- Quick to set up (as fast as adding two components).
- Create your own effects from the Inspector or C#.
- 15+ built-in effects ready to use.
- Supports multiple effects, stackable on the same letters.
- Requires TextMeshPro *, supporting its emotes, alignments and custom fonts.
- Show and hide the text dynamically (like a typewriter), with different appearance and disappearance effects, from any direction and with custom speeds.
- Call Events from text and perform any action.
- Supports external Dialogue Systems and Plugins (some already integrated!).
- Short, detailed and easy to read Documentation.
*30 TextMeshPro's tags are compatible. Read the limitations page for more.
- Dialogue System for Unity
- Yarn Spinner
- Naninovel (partial)
- Unity Visual Scripting (formerly \"Bolt\")
You can also integrate your own Dialogue Systems and Plugins! (some are already planned in the future!). Take a look at the documentation for more.
Supports many platforms, like:
- Desktop (Windows, iMac)
- Console (including Nintendo Switch, XBOX and PlayStation)
- Mobile (including iOs and Android)
- WebGL (e.g. when uploading on Itch.io)
- Including IL2CPP platforms
- Show and hide text dynamically with multiple appearance effects.
- Trigger events when a word/letter has been shown.
- Play sounds for each letter.
- Waits multiple pauses for specific characters (like puntuactions).
- Via tags, waits for X seconds or for player input.
- Increase or decrease its speed while typing.
- Skip the typewriter and show the entire text on player input.
- Public Roadmap available
- Multiple Example scenes for each use case