Easy Interactions Overview: /watch?v=slTf2WUFnys
Project Migration and Getting Started: /watch?v=uhBjpqyTT7g
Easy Interactions system makes blueprint communication faster and easier to implement, more unified and very flexible. It can be useful in small as well as in big and complex projects where changes are expensive. Using couple of components you can easily make objects that player can interact with and objects that can interact between each other. All that without interfaces.
The core element of Easy Interactions are Signals. They are chunks of information that can be sent and received by Signal Transceiver component. There are various prebuild signal types, each containing different data - Void, Bool, Integer, Float, Name, Interaction, Vector, Transform etc. You can also create your own signal type easily.
Signal Transceiver component makes sending and receiving signals between various blueprints a breeze. No more messing around with interfaces. Just add Signal Transceiver component and you're ready to go.
In addition you have Direct Interaction Component that makes player able to interact with your blueprints. Trace Interactor component is core of player blueprint releasing you from tracing for interactive actors.
All components and examples are very customizable, well commented and fully described.
Macro libraries: 2
Function libraries: 1
List of features:
• 5 components being core of Easy Interactions
• 13 example blueprints to show different aspects of Easy Interactions
• Sending and receiving various types of signals via wide range of functions
• Easy way to add new signal types
• Automatic traceing for interactive actors
• Automatic detection of player aiming at interactive actor
• Built in enabling/disabling direct interactions of interactive actor
• Automated handling of displaying messages on player's hud
• 2D and 3D hud examples
• Only one ticking component, rest communicates via events
• Well commented, not cluttered graphs
Intended Platform: Every Platform
Tested Platform: Windows