Version 1.1 is now available and offers Mobile Support!
📺 Video Showcase | 📚 Documentation | 📘 Changelog | 🎮 PC & VR Demo Builds | 💬 Support Discord | ✨ More Assets by Divivor | 🌐 Twitter
The Simple Light Painter (in short: SLP) is a material based Lighting System for your realtime Unreal Engine Projects and Games. It can light up the backside of your objects for indirect lighting and also offers simple localized Global Illumination with Emissive Material Support.
Try out the Demo Builds with runtime Examples and Performance Tests! (VR Pawn is not included with this Asset Pack)
❕ INFORMATION: This Lighting System is supposed to be used in addition to traditional Lighting Methods and is not a replacement. The Lights can not cast Shadows.
- Supports VR, Mobile, Forward Shading & Deferred Renderer (More details on Limitations and Problems )
- Demo Maps with examples and performance tests
- Editor Utility Widget for easy Level editing and debugging (The Plugin "Editor Scripting Utilities" needs to be enabled in your Project.)
- 100% Made in Blueprints
- Light Types: Point Light (Area), Cube Light (Area), Square Light (Directional)
- Adjustable Normal Influence (Can light the Backside of your objects)
- Blend Modes: Modulate, Additive, Additive with Scene Color (Only in Deferred Rendering)
- Settings for Light Colors, Falloff and Center Size
- Localized Global Illumination with runtime updates and Emissive Material Support
- Draw Distance and Fade to deactivate Lights (Vertex Shader)
- Supports Occlusion and Visibility Culling for Rendering and GI
- Pixel and Vertex Shader instructions are automatically being adjusted to different Settings. (PS Range: 81 to 158; VS Range: 103 to 115)
Number of Blueprints (with/without Demo Content): 23 / 11
Number of Materials (with/without Demo Content): 222 / 183