Obi is an advanced particle-based physics engine capable of simulating a wide range of deformable material behaviors.
Depends on the Burst, Jobs, Collections, and Mathematics packages, for compatibility with all platforms Burst can compile for. Without these packages, it can still run, but only in Windows, Mac,Linux, iOS and Android.
With Obi Fluid you can create fully multi-threaded AAA quality fluid simulations with ease. Fluids react to each other, can affect and be affected by rigid bodies (even make them float or sink!), and are capable of sticking to surfaces.
Warning: Please note that fluid simulation is a very demanding task. Be aware of its performance implications before using it.
What to use it for:
- Small scale fluid simulations
- 2D fluid game mechanics
- Dripping fluid
- Splash effects
What NOT to use it for:
- Large scale fluid simulations
- Pools, oceans, lakes, floods
All physical properties or the fluid are adjustable: viscosity, density, surface tension, stickiness, vorticity...
- Custom emitter shapes.
- Two-way rigid body interaction.
- Modular solver: don't waste performance, all parameters are exposed.
- Adjustable solver iteration count.
- Per-particle properties: surface tension, vorticity, buoyancy....
- Hassle-free particle resolution adjust using a single parameter.
- Supports fluids of different resolution interacting in the same simulation.
- Supports high density ratios in multiphase simulations.
- Supports Box, Sphere, Capsule, Mesh, Character and Terrain colliders.
- Automatic camera culling: non-visible fluids do not update their simulation.