Version 1.3 updated on November 3rd, 2018
- Greatly increases the smoothness/responsiveness of map scrolling/panning
- Adds gamepad support
- Various bug fixes for rare bugs
This blueprint powered system is an incredibly easy to install, use and customize system that allows you to quickly set up a maps and navigation widgets to assist the player in getting around the world.
• An interactive world map that shows all world locations that the player has previously discovered. Locations can be given their own unique icon, coloring, and can be fast traveled to.
• The map can be zoomed in and out of and panned to enable easier exploration for the player.
• Dynamic local map system that automatically detects when the player enters a new world location and updates based on information placed in a world location actor. Can be used to show the players movement through the location in real time.
• Player driven custom waypoint system that allows a player to place a waypoint on the world map by clicking which will show up on the HUD to indicate where they should head.
• On screen compass, showing directions (North, South, East, West) as well as the custom waypoint location.
All easily configurable to include new/different artwork, extended functionality, etc. All blueprints are easy-to-read and logical, to encourage learning and expansion.
Number of Blueprints: 22
List of Features: World map with interactive zoom, pan and waypoint placement. Local map based on current world location. World compass with waypoint indicator. On screen waypoint indicator. Gamepad support.
Intended Platform: Windows, Mac
Platforms Tested: Windows , Mac
Video documentation is available via this YouTube playlist.
Map icon images made by Scott de Jonge from