TRAILER / UPDATE 1/ DEMO / QUIXEL: USERCASE ( )
Ever wanted to have a veeery specific looking sky? Needed a cloud shifted juuust a little to the right? Wanted to change the time of day only to redo the whole sky?
SkyCard is a collection of high quality 2D impostor clouds for UE4. What makes these more special is the fact that while 2D they still cast high quality volumetric self-shadows creating the illusion of a volume object at a fraction of the cost! No normal maps used!
The clouds will correctly behave with changing sunligh light direction, can have parameters like density, shadow blur and light/ground scattering adjusted making them fit for any environment or blended over any HDR Background!
With the resources included you can make any sky - from storms to wisps of cirrus clouds, from realistic to stylized!
UPDATE 1: *Requires UE4.24+ with a Sky Atmosphere Actor*
Additional SkyCard Material that will update cloud color according to the sky color
Blueprint for in editor use to recapture SkyLight based on angle
Additional Demo Map
- 2D Cloud Material that casts volumetric self shadows
- Cloud Self-Shadows respond to Directional Light
- Material parameters for Cloud Density, Light Scatter and Shadow Blur
- 41 Cloud Textures
- Multiple Cloud Styles: Realistic, Storm, Cirrus, Cartoony, Painted
Number of Materials: 3
Material Instances: 6
Do Materials derive from a Master Material with instances as variation: Yes
Number of Textures: 44
Supported Development Platforms: PC
Supported Target Build Platforms: PC
- Please see Documentation and Videos for implementation and details
- For any questions or comments see our FB Page