Winner of the Best Development Tool in the Unity Awards 2019
Smart Lighting 2D is most powerful 2D light solution for Unity.
It allows to create multiple lightmaps with personalized light logic.
Lighting can be displayed as overlay or by using shaders and Shader Graph.
Demos | Play WebGL Demo | Download Android Demo
Support | Unity Forum Thread | Discord Support (over 1000 members)
Documentation | Google Docs
Demo Video | Youtube
SL2D supports Shader Graph and contains additional Shader Graph Functions
Supported All Rendering Pipelines
● Built-in Render Pipeline
● URP ● Universal Render Pipeline
● HDRP ● High Definition Render Pipeline
● LWRP ● Lightweight Render Pipeline
● Mobile ( Android & iOS )
● Standalone ( MacOS / Windows / Linux )
● Consoles ( Switch / PS / Xbox )
● Spot Lights ( sprites / texture )
● Point Lights
● Directional Lights ( day lighting )
● Free form ( experimental )
● Light Particle System
Line of Sight - Fog of War
Makes objects visible in light's sight.
SL2D is designed to have as little performance impact as possible for mobile devices. Culling is used to render and calculate only in-screen lights & shadow casters. Resolution output can be tweaked to reduce impact on GPU. Extensive testing showed that SL2D lighting is 3-5 times faster than Unity URP 2D lights.
Drag & Drop Shadow Casters
Shadow Casters contains property that defines the caster type: Collider2D, Custom Sprite Physics Shape, Mesh Renderer, etc.
Once property is set, selected shape points will be used by the shadow caster.
● Flawless Customer Support ( Unity 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 )
● Mobile Friendly ( great performance on Android & iOS devices )
● No GC calls after initialization ( great memory management )
● HDR Support
● Shader Graph Support
● Tilemap Support ( Rectangle / Isometic / Hexagon )
● Super Tilemap Editor Support
● Internal Normal Map Support
● Shadow effects ( sprite projection / soft shadows / perpendicular )
● Event Handling ( how much lit the object is )
● Day & Night Cycle
● Material System
● User friendly layers system ( custom light logics )
● Over 20 demo scenes
● And much more ...
● Sprite Custom Physics Shape
● 2D Colliders primitives ( Box, Circle, Capsule, Edge, Polygon, Composite )
● 3D Colliders primitives ( Box, Sphere, Capsule, Mesh )
● Mesh Renderer, Skinned Mesh Renderer
● Tilemap Grid, Tile Collider and Tile Sprite Custom Physics Shape
Title screenshot from Mana Hunter © by Etheractive Studios
If you have any questions or issues,
Feel free to contact me!