Road Infrastructures and Parametric Modeling inside Unity
News: Support for Unity 2022.2
Be ready for v3.2
Create unique road networks directly in Unity with both built-in customizable dynamic crossing prefabs and custom crossing prefabs based on your own imported models.
Bring your scenes alive with the included side object system, a framework to create additonal objects along the road objects and intersections. Objects such as: lampposts, guard rails, fences, walls, bridges, power lines, tree lines or any other type of geometry following a path.
These side objects can be auto generated based on a set of rules or manually positioned per road marker section.
The EasyRoads3D v3 toolset can also be used to create other infrastructures such as railroads (Custom Connection System) and river shapes (as a side object) with the riverbed carved in the terrain.
- Winding roads or dirt paths in scenic environments and complex city road networks.
- Built-in customizable crossings
- Custom Crossings - import your own crossing connection models
- Side Objects: bridges, guard rails, fences, walls, power lines, etc.
- Side objects can be auto generated based on rules taking into account the road and terrain shape
- Side Object support on Intersections
- Custom shapes for other infrastructures like railroads and rivers
- Terrains conformed to the road shape, grass / tree removal, optional road shape baking in the terrain splatmap
- Road data import for real world visualization (OSM/KML)
- URP and HDRP material support packages
- Custom road and side object functions can be added through the scripting API and callbacks just like in Unity itself. Source code is NOT included
Visit our website for the full feature list .
Feature requests are always welcome.
The demo project with tutorials and additional assets can be downloaded here and will be FREE with an EasyRoads3D Pro license.
Forum Thread: EasyRoads3D v3
Works on all recent versions of Unity including Unity 2022.2, URP and HDRP support packages are included
Integrates well with various terrain tools using the Unity terrain Object, like: Gaia, Terrain Composer, Landscape Builder, Real World Terrain
Built-in support for Vegetation Studio and Vegetation Studio Pro supporting automatic grass, plants and trees removal near roads