Latest Version: 1.04 - 6th April 2022
Visit rdtextools.recourse.nz for more information, manual and tutorials.
For questions, please visit the rdTools Forum (Epic) here .
FAQ can be found Here.
rdTexTools is an Unreal Engine Plugin that provides tools for analyzing and optimizing textures.
Written in C++, this tool is tightly integrated in the UE UI, providing context menu options for bulk editing of textures and a toolbar menu in the Texture editor. The plugin is not needed for your packaged project.
A lot of thought has gone into stream-lining the workflow, many of the options take as little as 2 clicks of the mouse.
rdTexTools provides way more than just resizing and combining textures, it provides ways to analyze and quantify exactly how you can reduce GPU memory usage. The Difference Tool is an excellent example - it gives the ability to see (both graphically and numerically) exactly how different two textures are. A great way to see how much difference your optimizations have made.
The same tool is also extremely useful for creating other things such as hard or soft masks, ramping or zooming up or down the pixel values, applying changes to just masked areas and even pre-multiplying out combinations of maps, such as applying a cavity map to a specular map.
With rdTexTools, you will find optimizing your textures much easier and faster - giving you more time to focus on other things.
- Quickly and Easily change the selected texture/s LOD bias
- Reduce the project size by resizing the textures on disk
- Rotate and/or Flip textures
- Add Padding to textures
- Combine separate channels from textures into one texture
- Extract channels into their own files
- Replace any channel in any texture
- Remove Patterns and Seams from Tiled Textures
- Create Distance Tiles
- Create Difference maps of textures/colors
- Create Hard or Soft Masks of textures
- Get quick stats of selected texture/s GPU memory and disk footprint
- Edit HDRI maps brightness levels in masked areas
Code Modules: rdTexTools (editor)
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 3
Network Replicated: N/A
Supported Development Platforms: Windows 64bit, Linux
Supported Target Build Platforms: Any
Example Project: None