Video here :
These material functions are here to make your life easy, whether you are trying to learn about materials for VFX, or a professional making them every single day who needs to speed things up.
These are tools I use to add life to characters, environment assets, particle systems, on projects for PC and consoles.
To solve design or visual implementation issues. To improve or optimize existing assets.
They are fully documented with every single piece of math explained inside for the interested. If I can think of anything I would like to have in there in the future, or if you have any suggestions for me (), I will make sure to update the content.
I have tested these functions and the example map in UE4.26.2 and UE5 Early Access (though I had to migrate the showcase map to the UE5 copy separately). All the materials and functions worked as intended in both.
- 37 unique material functions (at the time of initial release, more being added over time), fully commented and including textures where useful.
- a showcase map featuring fully commented and documented example materials, showing how you can extremely simply build beautiful material effects.
- informative and succinct tool tips at every level.
- created to help achieve "AAA quality" realistic and stylized effects without hassle, and fully documented for more beginner users to learn from.
- made with maximum usability in mind, all functions are as "plug-and-play" as they can possibly be. No need to dive into exotic parameters or understand how the graph works if you don't have time for it.
- continuous support and updates based on needs and feedback. These are the same techniques I use to create materials every day as a senior VFX artist and I want to keep improving this library as I go and correct any issues reported by users.
- optimized for PC and consoles, some of the functions even have material quality scalability switches built in.
Number of Unique Materials and Material Instances: 80
Number of Textures: 26
Texture Resolutions: 64x64, 256x256, 256x1024, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048, 4096x4096
Supported Development Platforms:
- Added more detailed comments in some places
- Added a new function : Fx_SawtoothWave
- Added some comments