When using the default overlapping detection methods, even with colliders, if the speed or the animation is too fast, the intended collision can be skipped entirely.
This is the case for small bullets against thin targets or weapon swinging animations that are too fast or scattered.
This system allows you to trace between positions and determine if something was hit.
- An actor component with simple setup
- 3 methods of detection
- high modularity by the user: can trace by objects, channels, use lines, boxes, etc.
- can skip frames if needed to improve performance.
- An OnItemAdded event that can be called when items are detected immediately.
- A socket filter to exclude/include sockets by strings
- A Detection Actor Component (Runtime)
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 1
Network Replicated: No - the detection itself does not need to be replicated.
Supported Development Platforms: Win32, Win64
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win32, Win64
Documentation: Link <<< contains all previous example projects for 4.26 and 5.0
Example Project: 5.1 Link : use key: -lA2DnKpR5h0Ug5OrEHWUEGorfPijp7Sd5sQnOvdXpg
Important notes: Starting with 5.1, the actor component is "AC_DidItHit"; all previous versions are "AC_DitItHit". See the documentation.