From the creator of of Beautify and Volumetric Fog & Mist, comes Global Snow, the most convenient, complete and gorgeous solution to render your scene as a beautiful winter landscape with a single click. Just add a script to your camera and customize the results.
Global Snow works with your existing scene, including standard Terrain, Tree and Grass, SpeedTree and many other shaders: you don't have to change your shaders or use new snowed prefabs.
Global Snow is an all-in-one, drag & drop solution (with many options) that also plays nicely along with other terrain shaders as well.
*** Rendering Features ***
Realistic snow with 4 rendering styles:
- PBR Relief Mapping, a full PBR + optimized volumetric approach which produces a 3D effect of snow bumps.
- PBR Normal-mapped snow, uses albedo, normals and specular workflow.
- Flat shading, a faster mode without normal modification which still looks great!
- Simplified unlit mode, simple yet convenient effect.
✔ Integrated Occlusion and Glitter.
✔ Unity shadow system compatible.
✔ Compatible with Global Illumination.
✔ Compatible with Deferred and Forward rendering paths.
✔ Compatible with Gamma and HDR color spaces.
*** Coverage Features ***
- Automatic snow coverage with exclusion options (by layers, per gameobject, mask texture). No need to create thousands of exclusion volumes to hide snow from internal buildings or under roofs.
- Snow can cover terrain, vegetation, buildings, transparent cut-out objects and opaque geometry.
- Altitude scattering for more natural height coverage.
- Slope controls to add realistic snow over cliffs or mountains.
- Ability to place holes.
*** Extra Features Included ***
- Integrated snow coverage painter in SceneView.
- Object snower tool. In addition to the snow brush painter tool, you can now drag & drop scene objects into the inspector and apply custom snow coverage. Great to remove snow from roads and other complex shaped objects!
- Footprints. Make your FPS character leave footprints behind.
- 3 snow footfalls audio clips included.
- Terrain marks. Detects terrain collisions adding marks over the snow on any moving gameobject. Also detects wheel collisions, great for vehicles on snow (see screenshots).
- Snowfall with lighting compatible particles.
- Camera frost effect.
- World Manager API compatible.
- Works great with other assets such as Vegetation Studio, Gaia, CTS and VertExmotion.
Lots of quality and feature options with global presets for quick setup and run.
- VR supported in deferred mode (Multi-Pass Stereo).
- Compatible with XBox One and Playstation 4.
- Requires built-in pipeline, not compatible with SRP/URP/HDRP.
- Effect not intended for mobile.
Give your scene a winter theme look now with Global Snow!
Product Documentation | Support Forum | Youtube Channel
Even more cool assets!