" Demo (Win) | Demo (Mac) | Document | Website | Support
Physics Tank Maker can be used as a template to create tank battle games.
Also can be used as a tool to build physics vehicles with various crawler tracks.
Please try the Playable Demo 3.2.2 . All the scenes and tanks are included.
As a template, it provides a variety of features for games as follows.
- Camera functions [rotation (third person, first person), zoom, pop-up, avoid obstacle]
- Aiming functions [free aiming, reticle, lead-marker]
- Damage system [hit-points(turret, body, tracks), weak / strong points, breakable turret, breakable and repairable tracks]
- AI system [patrol waypoints, detection, tracking, lead-shooting, etc]
- Event system [3 triggers (time, destroy, collision), 7 events (spawn, message, change settings, remove, support fire, destroy, result)]
- Indicators [position, state, speed, hit-points]
- Tank editor [appearance, driving, turret, gun, sound, etc]
- Finished tank prefabs [Cromwell, Firefly, Moser Karl, KV-I, KV-II, Panzer-IV, Sdkfz251(half-track), T-34-76, T-34-85, T-35(multiple turrets), Tiger-I, Type-89(JP), BT-7, BT-42]
As a tool for creating physics vehicles...
- 3 types of track systems [physics(heavy), static(balanced), scroll(light)]
- Wheels editor [road wheels (with suspension), idler wheels, sprocket wheels, support wheels, steered wheels]
- Driving settings [speed, acceleration, brake-turn, pivot-turn]
To use external tank models, you need basic skills of 3D modeling as follows.
- Separate an object into several parts. e.g. Turret >> Turet, Cannon, Barrel
- Combine several objects. e.g. Hull + Skirts + Hatches >> MainBody
- Change the position, rotation and scale.
- Reset the pivot at will.
- Create a simple mesh using primitive objects.
- Export the model into Unity at correct scale and rotation.
Please read Modeling Manual .
Feel free to contact me if you have any issues with importing, rigging, remodeling and so on.
[Upgraded Assets from Version 1.x]
- Additional tank models (Panzer IV, T-34-76, T-34-85, Cromwell, BT-7, BT-42)
- Improved free-aiming system
- Improved AI system
- Improved damage system
- Improved event system
- Improved indicators