Will VaultIt! ever go Free for Month?
VaultIt will have active and continuous support and updates. The current pricing structure is helping to create a stable development environment for me to continue doing so.
But... What is VaultIt!
VaultIt is a multiplayer vaulting system that is fully replicated with client-side prediction for lag-free gameplay, it handles desync properly even with root motion and is highly optimized. VaultIt has a plethora of features to customize the behaviour and is also the best on the market for single player games as well.
- Showcase Video!
- Technical Overview Video!
- Documentation and Tutorials!
- Highly active support Discord!
- Download Full Showcase Project!
- Download Basic Example Project!
You do not need to know GAS (Gameplay Abilities System) to use this plugin :) For most people, it will easily work if you follow the tutorials. Everyone will want to do the tutorials ;)
However, if you are integrating with other assets, depending on the other asset, it can require intermediate/advanced level of C++, read the wiki first to make sure you understand what is required.
There is also a large amount of customization and parameters you can modify to change behaviour and may feel a little overwhelming, but everything is covered by tutorials. It really is a full fledged system that factors everything within reason.
Fully usable, extendable, customizable in blueprint - however custom logic will perform better in C++, especially if its on tick.
I'm a programmer doing my best to animate because I can't resell other people's animations, so please replace with your own for much prettier results ;)
As of now, there are two issues that are being prioritized: Vaulting has severe animation jitter when playing in multiplayer and viewed as a client (player) that affects AI and Listen Server only. This is an engine bug. And characters not using Z-Up (Arbitrary Orientation) sometimes teleport when vaulting with latency; this is a problem with a specific plugin rather than VaultIt but I will try to fix it myself. I chose to go ahead with release because these issues wont affect everyone.
The assets in the Showcase video are not necessarily included. Please see the technical overview video for what is included.Read More
- Based on Gameplay Abilities System (GAS), but you don't need to know it at all to use or integrate VaultIt
- Multiplayer ready with prediction
- Doesn't desync even at extreme latency (800ms+) unless it should (packet loss, hacking, unpredictable collision, etc)
- Handles desync corrections properly (even in extreme environments, inputs result in vaulting properly)
- Proper net serialization (compression) and bandwidth consumption optimization
- Designed to work with mixed or minimal mode ASC instead of full and handles simulated replication manually for optimization
- Procedural vault height (not hard-coded to animation vault height)
- Driven by root motion animations
- Motion Warping (works in UE4 & Improved)
- Full-Body IK for correct hand placement (works in UE4)
- does not require any IK bones
- Supports non-UE4 skeletons with different bone orientations
- Fully modular setup supports Characters, AI, and maybe Pawns (read Wiki)
- Includes First Person example (basic setup with FP/TP switching)
- Auto-Vault for players and AI with per-movement mode bitflags
- Multiple pre-defined vault heights and animations with support for any type of movement state
- Multiple animations for each state with net sync randomization
- Built with extension and integration in mind
Network Replicated: Yes - Thoroughly!
Supported Development Platforms: Win64 & Win32 (untested on others but should work)
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win64 & Win32 (untested on others but should work)