Discord | Features | Roadmap | Demo
Pixel 2D Top-Down Engine is the evolution of the Pixel 2D Platformer engine, which aims to pick up where Paper2D left off. It contains everything you need to create amazing Top-Down 2D games. No C++ knowledge is required, everything is accessible through blueprints.
- Each blueprint is clean and commented and all important variables are exposed, making it extremely easy to follow and customize.
- The plugin already contains features including animated and destroyable tiles, a completely redone TileMap editor that supports flipbook painting, flipbook animation blueprints and notifies, numerous examples of enemy AI behavior, a dynamic combat system using ray traces and physics projectiles, inventory systems, and more...
Art courtesy of Rafael Matos. Check out his work here:
- Animation Blueprint implementation for Flipbooks.
- State machine implementation for Flipbooks inside Animation Blueprints.
- Added Animation Notify support for Flipbooks.
- Added Destroyable Tile support to TileMaps.
- Reworked TileMap Editor to support direct flipbook painting on layers.
- Reworked sprite depth sorting to support top-down views.
- Component-based workflow.
- Almost all the functionality is stored in components.
- Added custom 2D AI system that is fully compatible with the Unreal AI system.
- Complete AnimBP-driven character animation.
- Dynamic Combat System.
- Physics-based Grenades.
- RPG Systems
- Inventory System
- Inventory Bar and Hotkey bar.
- Loot system included.
- XP system
- Pixel2D - Runtime
- Pixel2DEditor - UncookedOnly
- Pixel2DEditorPawnSensing - Editor
- Pixel2DEditorTileReplacer - Editor
- Pixel2DEditorTileMap - Editor
Number of Blueprints: 100+
Number of C++ Classes:160
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows,, Linux
Supported Target Build Platforms: Any