📜 Canopy 📜
Register with Canopy to receive some FREE stamp packs and get the best out of Ambient Sounds. Canopy is our new community site for all Procedural Worlds Tools with support forums, tool integrations, knowledge base library, tutorials, and much more.
Welcome to Ambient Sounds
Purchase Ambient Sounds to create Interactive Soundscapes system for your game.
Ambient Sounds is an easy to use sound system that organizes your tracks and effects into Sequences to create dynamic soundscapes for your game. The Event and modifier system allows you to control which sounds are being played in your ambient audio without writing a line of code.
You can keep overview of your games audio through a Monitor window that shows debug information about which sounds are being played and why in real time. Ambient Sounds also comes with a library of professionally composed and produced music and sound effects to get you up and running. Stop fiddling with dozens of individual audio scripts in your scene and take back control with Ambient Sounds!
Ambient Sounds allows you to:
- Organize your audio clips into Sequences with combined playback settings;
- Play Sequences either globally or locally in a certain area of your game world;
- Pair multiple Sequences of background noises and music to create a unique soundscape for each location in your game;
- Blend seamlessly between soundscapes in different regions;
- Make Sequences interactive by controlling them through Requirements;
- Modify Sequences on the fly to react to Events in your game;
- Synchronize Playback between Sequences to make them start and end at the same time even if they are different in duration.;
- Keep control over your Ambient Audio setup with comprehensive lists of all Sequences and conditions in your scene in the Ambient Sounds Manager Window.
Example use cases:
- Create a forest soundscape that plays back different music and sounds (birds, frogs, branches breaking, wind rustling) depending on time of day and / or weather;
- Play sounds coming from random places around the player or a certain location;
- Play more and more intense wind as the player scales up a mountain;
- Change the music to a combat theme as the player gets attacked;
- Slowly blend to a dark and moody soundtrack when the player enters a cave;
- Make a sequence more and more intense by adding additional sequences that play back more music / sounds;
- Play music faster as the game enters the final seconds before the time limit ends;
- Automatically duck / mute music playback while dialogue audio plays;
- Stop music playback as the player enters a building and resume as they leave again;
- Play sounds around the player that follow with the player’s movement as they weave a magical spell;
- Quickly re-use the Ambient Audio Areas in different places of your game or in other projects.
Need help or want to know more?
Why Procedural Worlds?
At Procedural Worlds we create quality products that are easy to use, nicely integrated and well supported. Your investment supports our team so that we can create better products sooner and provide you with timely support now. To learn more about us please check out our reviews and then come and say hello in our discord channel .
Every year as we further develop our products we reserve the right to charge an upgrade fee which is usually around 20-50% of the full purchase price for the next major release of our software. This will be in line with the amount of effort required to make the upgrade.
These upgrades are aligned to the major Unity versions they support. You are not obliged to update to newer versions of our products if you do not need to and your older products will continue to work on the Unity releases they were targeted at, however old versions of our products will not be supported on new versions of Unity.
All upgrade money is fed back to the team to ensure that we can continue to update, grow and support our products and customers over time.
World Building Bundle - 2021 Edition - Get 20% off all our tools in this awesome bundle. It includes Gaia Pro 2021, Gena Pro, Ambient Sounds, Pegasus and SECTR 2019.
Our World Creation Products:
Gaia Pro 2021 - Gaia 2 is an introductory version of Gaia Pro. Gaia 2 expands on the original Gaia 1 with multi terrain and biome support.
GeNa Pro - GeNa Pro os the big brother of GeNa 2. It is a complete re-write, and includes all of the capability of GeNa 2 plus the ability to create splines, rivers, roads and villages and to shape and fill your terrain with rocks, trees grasses and more.
SECTR Complete 2019 - A suite of performance-enhancing tools that enable open world streaming, massive mobile games and includes the latest techniques in audio occlusion and propagation.
Our Procedural Spawner Packs:
Leverage the power of Gaia Pro 2021 and GeNa Pro with your artistic vision to procedurally create in minutes what would take weeks or months by hand. We take some of the best modular assets in the store and make it easy for you to use them in your scene.
PWS - POLYGON Fantasy Kingdom - Spawner Pack - Purchase the POLYGON Fantasy Kingdom kit from Synty Studios and make stunning Low Poly Fantasy / Medieval environments in just minutes.
PWS - POLYGON Nature - Spawner Pack - Together with the POLYGON Nature Pack from Synty Studios you are well equipped to make beautiful outdoor environments and forests FAST.
Our World Enhancement Products:
Ambient Sounds - A tool that creates interactive soundscapes that also comes with professionally composed sound effects and music library.
Pegasus - A system that can drive anything along a path. Great for cut-scenes, and even has an ambient ai that supports formations, animation and local avoidance for your NPCs and animals!