Terrain Grid System is an advanced grid generator and territory/cell highlighter with powerful features for both Terrain and 2D grids.
Are you working on a strategy or RTS game and want to quickly highlight cells under some units or show territories under control?
Do you wish to allow the player choose a destination over a terrain?
Or do you simply want an interactive grid over any mesh?
This is the perfect asset for that!
- Easy to use. Add Terrain Grid System script to your terrain, gameobject or group of objects to instantly attach and configure the grid. Or drag & drop the prefab to use it in stand-alone mode (no terrain mode).
- Configurable, fully interactive and fast grid generation, including Voronoi tessellation, box/squared, rectangular and hexagonal types.
- Compatible with Unity standard terrain, mesh-based terrains or any gameobject with a mesh.
- Change visibility, color or texture of cells from Unity editor with the integrated grid editor.
- Produces highly optimized grid mesh with reduced vertex count.
- Two levels of regions: cells and territories.
- Fastest selectable and highlighting system for both cells and territories.
- Coloring and fade out support for both cells and territories.
- A* Pathfinding for boxed and hexagonal grids with customizable cell weights and obstacles.
- Easily define blocking cells or assign cells to different groups (zones, obstacles, custom navigatable paths, ...)
- Get neighbours or cells in range according to crossing cost, max steps or cell group masks
- LOS (Line of Sight) functions.
- Easy rectangle selection of cells.
- Different positioning options for best mesh adaptation to the terrain, including scaling and positioning inside terrain boundaries, maximum terrain slope, minimum altitude, ...
- Control the visibility of individual cells using API or alpha texture mask.
- Define territories using a color texture or the embedded grid editor!
- Supports multiple grids in the scene as well as multiple grids per terrain.
- More than 20 demo scenes included with useful sample code!
** Technical Features **
- Can work alone (as planar grid), with Unity terrain and mesh based terrains.
- Supports one or more grids per standard Unity terrain object.
- Multi-tile standard terrain currently requires one separate grid per each terrain.
- Multi-tile mesh-based terrains can be covered by a single grid.
- Works with orthographic and perspective cameras.
- Compatible with Built-in, URP and HDRP pipelines.
- Compatible with Unity 2019 LTS and up.
- Extensive API (C#) for controlling and managing the grid, including selectable cells/territories, finding neighbours and merging cells.
- Full source code included (C#).
Product Documentation | Support Forum | Youtube Channel
Even more cool assets!