NOTE: Not yet compatible with UE5, support coming soon!
Assets Cleaner is a simple tool that quickly lists unused assets in a project and allows direct management from the tool, helping keep your project clean and lean by easily finding and removing unused assets.
When a project has been in development for a while, or after a period of prototyping, it is common to have a lot of assets that are not used anymore.
These assets are taking up disk space, slowing the editor and build times down, and affecting project size.
Are you tired of having to manually migrate assets over to a new project whenever you want to delete assets you no longer use?
These days are over! Assets Cleaner takes care of it for you!
Requires UE 4.23 -> 4.27
Update 1.07: Loading bar/Cancel button on delete assets, allows canceling if editor looks frozen
Scan and list Unused Assets
See Assets disk size
Easily browse the list with Filters (name, type, folder), and columns sorting (name, type, folder, size)
Manage assets directly from the tool:
- Find in Content Browser
- Find on Disk
- Edit Assets
- Delete Assets (using the editor's Delete Assets window)
- Move Assets
- View selected assets in the Reference Viewer graph to have a nice graph view of all references and dependencies
- View selected assets in the Size Map to have a visual representation of disk space usage in selected assets
***Monthly Unreal Engine Sponsored Content product for November 2021***
Check out The Tool Shed's other products here: The Tool Shed Content Read More
Requires UE 4.23->4.27
- Code Modules: Editor Module "AssetsCleaner"
- Number of Blueprints: 6
- Number of C++ Classes: 5
- Network Replicated: No
- Supported Development Platforms: All Platforms
- Supported Target Build Platforms: Editor Only
Forum Support Thread
- This tool uses the editor's delete window to delete assets. This is the safest way to delete assets.
Please note the editor's delete window is notorious for being slow when trying to delete a lot of assets at once (it loads them first), this is an editor problem, not a Assets Cleaner problem.
Latest update adds a progress bar/cancel button to manage that issue
- Warning message shows up when unused redirectors are found, with a step by step guide on how to fix Redirectors in the Content Browser. It is recommended to fix up redirectors before using the tool.
- This tool requires the plugin "AssetManagerEditor" (part of Unreal editor) to be enabled (it is by default) to load successfully.
- It is not recommended to use the custom blueprint functions that come with this plugin (found in the AssetCleanerPlugin section), as they are meant for the plugin's internal use only and support is not provided for those.