NWH Vehicle Physics 2 is a complete vehicle simulation package for Unity.
Realistic, easy to use and heavily customizable.
Demos - Documentation - Forum - YouTube - Discord - Contact Us
• Easy and fast to set up with all the defaults loaded automatically and validation system that warns the developer about any setup issues.
• Vehicle setup wizard that creates a functional vehicle from scratch in a few clicks. Multiple presets available.
• Modular vehicle architecture. Enable or disable parts of the vehicle as they are needed, either manually or through the built-in LOD system.
• Powertrain solver that features excellent performance, stability and physical accuracy.
• Custom physics sub-stepping solution.
• All aspects of the vehicle are adjustable at runtime - including powertrain, suspension, friction, effects, etc.
• External module system. Add or remove functionality as needed. Modules are easy to write and can modify almost any part of the vehicle behavior.
• Wheel Controller 3D is included and used instead of WheelCollider. It offers ground detection along the whole bottom half of the wheel, it is highly customizable and uses an advanced friction model.
• Per-wheel surface detection. Different friction curves, sounds and effects for each surface.
• Easily extendible interface based input system with support for standard Unity input, Unity's new Input System and mobile controls out of the box.
• Support for Logitech, Thrustmaster and other steering wheels with force feedback.
• Custom editors for all scripts make navigation through the asset easy. For this we developed NUI, an editor GUI framework, to keep the visual experience through the whole asset consistent.
• Support for 'Photon Unity Networking 2' and 'Mirror' multiplayer solutions.
• Highly optimized code runs on both desktop and mobile devices. Desktop demo uses under 0.5ms of total CPU time per frame for all vehicles combined.
• Everything seen in the demos is included in the package.
• Full C# source code included.
• Model based on inertia, torque and angular velocity ensures realistic behavior in all conditions. E.g. vehicle can be started by rolling it downhill, given that it has ignition and the clutch is engaged.
• Powertrain solver runs at multiple steps per FixedUpdate ensuring immediate response and physical accuracy, while heavily optimized code makes it very fast.
• Vehicles can be run on physics update rates as low as 20Hz (fixed delta time of 0.05).
• Output of each drivetrain component can be set to any other component, e.g. connecting clutch directly to the wheel is possible.
• Engine with adjustable power curve, losses, rev limiter, forced induction (turbocharger or supercharger) and simulated fuel consumption (module). Engine can be stalled. Support for ICE and electric engines/motors.
• Clutch can be either manual or automatic, with adjustable slip torque and engagement.
• Transmission - Automatic, Automatic Sequential, Manual, CVT or External. Realistic gear ratios with adjustable shifting behavior make it suitable for any type of vehicle. Shift duration, variable shift points, incline effect, etc. are all adjustable at runtime. Supports unlimited number of forward and reverse gears.
• Differentials - Open, Locked, VLSD, HLSD or External. Any number and configuration of differentials is possible, be it FWD, RWD, AWD, 6x6, 8x8, etc. Due to physics sub-stepping locked differentials can be extremely stiff.
• Wheels and suspension are handled by WheelController3D which not only gives them 3D ground detection but also makes them highly adjustable. Spring and damper curves with bump and rebound damping, adjustable spring curves for progressive suspension, camber, anti-squat geometry, rim offset, inertia, drag, surface friction presets using modified Pacejka or completely custom curves, individually adjustable longitudinal and lateral friction, load/grip curve, adjustable ground detection resolution, etc.
• Axles - each axle can have one or more wheels. Each axle has adjustable steering (steer coefficient, Ackerman, toe angle), adjustable brake and handbrake strength, caster and camber angles and also ARB (Anti-roll bar). Solid axles are supported, check Monster Truck example in the demo.
• Simulated aerodynamic drag and downforce.
Sound And Effects:
• Damage affects vehicle performance and handling. Optimized queue-based mesh deformation that spreads processing over multiple frames.
• Sound system with master settings, AudioMixer and 15 different sound effects. AudioSources are set up automatically at runtime and no manual setup is required. Positional audio.
• Persistent, surface dependent, procedural mesh skidmarks.
• Vehicle lights with low beam, high beam, tail and brake lights and blinkers supported. Can be used with any number of lights of any type and/or emissive materials.
• Surface particle effects that are set up automatically and depend on the surface type.
• Exhaust smoke and exhaust flames.
• External module system makes adding extra functionality to the fast and easy, with the code being similar to that of a typical MonoBehavior with familiar functions such as Update() and FixedUpdate().
• Following modules are included, with more to come:
- NOS (boost)
- Cruise Control
- Flip Over
- Speed Limiter
- Trailer Hitch
Officially compatible with:
• Complete Terrain Shader (CTS)
• IK Avatar Driver
• Photon Unity Networking 2
• This is a major update with many changes from first version so upgrading from NWH Vehicle Physics 1 requires setting up vehicles mostly from scratch.
• European Truck and Trailer and Super Car models provided by GAME READY 3D MODELS.
If you have any questions, problems or suggestions you can contact us here or through our Discord .
Basic support is included in the price of the asset and we aim to answer within a few hours.