Just drag and drop a blueprint with a tornado (or use "spawn actor from class") and adjust the parameters.
Epic MegaJam 2020: Sponsor
- Using and adjusting tornadoes
- UPDATE : Create your own tornado : Example 1 [Request] / Example 2
- Add a tornado in a realistic environment
- 11 tornadoes are already included ( Water, Wind, Fire, Earth, Electricity, Blood, Darkness, Light, Futuristic, Poison, and Candy)
- Just adjust variables to change: Height, Thickness, CloudsDensity
- Choose a duration or activate "endless".
- Orient your tornado and adjust the speed (0 = stationary)
- If you want to adapt the colors and the amount of particles, you can easily customize the effects
- The "parent" blueprint allows you to add your own code for all tornadoes at once. Then add your specific codes for each kind of tornado!
- Create your own tornado by assembling the different effects included and adjusting the parameters.
The effects are created with Niagara, you will find a folder with reworked effects/blueprints for VR and mobiles (shader complexity : Fully green).
May need optimization work for Autonomous VR Headset
Mobiles : Use VR blueprints for better performance .
VR: Currently, you will need to disable Instanced Stereo.
Type of Emitters: (CPU)
Number of Unique Effects: 28 + 10 (Update)
Number of Materials: 21
Number of Textures: 24
Number of Blueprints: 14 (+12 VR)
Number of Unique Meshes: 11
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: (Not tried)
Documentation: Take a look at my tutorials on my youtube channel
Support : rimaye.
Important/Additional Notes: For VR, make sure « instanced stereo » is disabled.