Quest Machine is a full-featured, easy-to-use, extensible quest system that lets you add hand-written and procedurally-generated quests to your project.
>> Demo | Manual | Tutorials
>> Free Trial
No scripting required.
Procedurally-generated quests: Create unlimited quests at runtime based on the actual state of the game world. Your players will always have something interesting to do!
Hand-written quests: Create any type of quest you can imagine, using an easy node-based editor. You're not locked into a limited set of archetypes.
Powerful, flexible UI system:
• Dialogue UI: Offer, update, & turn in quests.
• Quest Journal: Review active and completed quests.
• Tracking HUD: Show quest progress.
• Alert HUD: Show alert messages.
• Overhead Indicators: Tell player when NPCs have quest-related dialogue.
• Gracefully handles switching between mouse, keyboard, joystick, and touch input.
Versatile quest control components: Control object spawning and quest states with an easy-to-use event-based system.
Advanced text handling:
- Give your characters unique dialects.
- Localize quest content and UIs.
- Import and export to CSV (e.g., Excel & Google Sheets).
Save and load: Save and load games, persist data across scene changes.
Broad platform support:
- Works great in 2D and 3D.
- Supports multiplayer games.
- Tested on Windows, Mac, WebGL, Android, iOS, Windows Store/UWP10.
Great programmer support:
- Includes complete, thoroughly-documented source code.
- Extensive scripting API.
- Easy starter templates to create your own quest conditions, actions, UI content, and reward systems.
Includes support for:
- Compass Navigator Pro
- Corgi Platformer Engine
- Dialogue System for Unity
- DMMap Minimap System
- Emerald AI
- HUD Navigation System
- Invector Controllers
- Inventory Engine
- Inventory Pro
- Opsive Character Controllers
- Opsive Ultimate Inventory System
- ORK Framework
- Super Text Mesh
- TopDown Engine
- uMMORPG Classic
- uMMORPG Remastered