This plugin will allow you to turn off collisions between indicated pairs of physical objects in runtime.
Video : Collision Disabler
Unreal Engine provides several methods to disable collisions between objects.
- Collision channels - Allows for switching off collisions between groups of objects, but not between specific objects.
- Ignore Actor When Moving - Tells this component whether to ignore collision with all components of a specific Actor when it's moved. Won't work for the physic simulation.
- Contact Modification - Modifying the properties of the generated contacts points. Requires knowledge of PhysX and coding in C ++.
Collision Disabled uses the last method to provide a very simple and convenient way to disable collisions between objects using physics simulation.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to write me an email on tomasz. or leave a comment.
- Disable collision between physical objects
- Works with both c++ and Blueprint only projects
- Works with CCD
- Works with Substepping
- Chaos (from 4.26)
- CollisionDisabler (Runtime)
Number of Blueprints: 0
Number of C++ Classes: 8
Supported Development Platforms: All
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows 32, Windows 64, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, Oculus, Steam VR
Example Project: Example Project