The Medieval Stronghold Architecture pack contains everything you need to build your very own modular stronghold. The package includes architectural modules for interior/exterior environment, plus goodies like furniture, vertex-paintable materials, and canvas for artists who wish to expand on it.
Within this set, you have 196 distinct meshes, of which:
- 160 Architectural Modules with three distinct styles:
- 78 exterior modules (6 two-sided modules)
- 21 wood and scaffoldings
- 72 interior modules (5 two-sided modules)
- 26 Various props:
- 9 furniture assets
- One light
- 3 flags
- 2 grass vegetation patches
- 5 doors
- One static interior tailored tapestry
- 5 canvases if you wish to create your own assets
- There are 20 materials :
- One tillable exterior ground materials (paintable)
- One tillable stone/debris for two-sided modules
- 2 materials for the pack’s doors
- 6 materials for the exterior architectural assets
- 6 materials for the interior architectural assets (2 are paintable)
- 2 materials for the scaffold set
- 3 materials for the other miscellaneous props in the pack.
- And an additional 13 material instances :
- 2 for baked occlusion effects on the smaller doors
- 7 for the interior’s furniture occlusion effects
- 2 for flags/tapestry
- One for the fake interior material (paintable)
On top of everything mentioned here, there is a total of 110 textures, which range from Albedo, Normals, Roughness, Metalness, Occlusion Masks and Grayscale filters.Read More
Physically-Based Rendering: Yes
Texture Size (please list textures for each resolution): 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 and 4096x4096, wildly varying depending on the texel.
Collision: Yes, mostly custom and in very rare cases, generated in-engine.
Triangle Count: Wildly varying from 1k to 115k/modules.
LODs: Yes, 4+ per modules
Number of Meshes: 196
Number of Materials and Material Instances: 21 materials and 13 instances
Number of Textures: 110
Engine Compatibility: 4.16 to 4.21 (4.19 has map conversion issues, but the assets themselves works without a hitch)
Intended Platform: PC
Platforms Tested: PC
Documentation Included: Yes
Important\Additional Notes: Pack was tested with baked lighting. Flags use PhysX. Not recommended for VR.
- The Wood Planks were entirely remade from scratch.
- Interior Walls were upgraded from a 2k texture to a 4k texture.
- Two-sided modules are here! Six modules were made for exterior and five for interior assets.
- Some modules had wasted/duplicated materials on their meshes. These materials have been removed.
- A lot of collisions were too complex for no gain whatsoever. Likewise, some meshes used in-engine generated collisions that weren’t working as intended in a gameplay context. All were fixed!
- Demonstration map had its lighting and post-process overhauled.
- Some shaders received a visual update. That is the case of the ground material and the bonus grass material in the overview map.
- The exterior ground textures for the material M_ExteriorGround were also remade from scratch through Quixel Mixer.