Tutorials | Discord | Features | Roadmap | Demo
Thanks to community member Meletou1 we have a tutorial series available in French : Tutorial
Pixel 2D is a plugin for Unreal Engine that aims to pick-up where Paper2D left off. It's intended as an evolution of Paper2D and contains everything you need to create amazing 2D games. No C++ knowledge is required, everything is accessible through blueprints.
- Each blueprint is clean and commented and all important variables are exposed,making it extremely easy to follow and customize.
- The plugin already contains features including animated and destroyable tiles, flipbook animation blueprints and notifies, numerous examples of enemy AI behavior, a dynamic combat system using raytraces and physics projectiles, inventory systems and more.
- There is a long public roadmap of features that will be added to the plugin in the following months and years.
- Animation Blueprint implementation for Flipbooks.
- State machine implementation for Flipbooks inside Animation Blueprints.
- Added Animation Notify support for Flipbooks.
- Added Destroyable Tile support to TileMaps.
- Added Animated Tile support to TileMaps.
- Added 2D PawnSensing Component.
- One way platform collision solution.
- Component-based workflow.
- Almost all the functionality is stored in components.
- Added custom 2D AI system.
- Complete AnimBP-driven character animation.
- Dynamic Combat System.
- Physics-based Grenades.
- RPG Systems
- Inventory System
- Inventory Bar and Hotkey bar.
- Loot system included.
- XP system
- Spline-base Platform movement.
- Multiple platform types
- Waypoint based elevators.
- Accelerator platforms.
- One-way and two-way portals.
- Efficient physics objects.
- Pixel2D - Runtime
- Pixel2DEditor - UncookedOnly
- Pixel2DEditorPawnSensing - Editor
- Pixel2DEditorTileReplacer - Editor
Number of Blueprints: 100+
Number of C++ Classes:160
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
Supported Target Build Platforms: Any