4 playable demo games built using this asset: Download
This asset was called 'Field of Battle Helicopter' and got renamed to 'BF Helicopter' for simplicity.
- Blueprint of a helicopter with a gameplay that reminds some helicopters on big triple A games.
- Can be used for any type of helicopter, has up to 100+ knobs for enthusiasts.
- Has modes for 1st, 3rd, top down, side scroller and top scroller.
- Out of the box weapon system, network and more.
How to implement on your project:
- 1 - Create or Open the project which comes with this package.
- 2 - With the project opened and ready (all textures compiled) open FoBHelicopter > Blueprints > Helicopters > BP_Master_Helicopter, and check if all inputs are connected.
- 3 - Select 1 of the 7 examples available or select the other 3 with different game modes (navigate among game types by pressing 1, 2, 3, 4).
- 4 - Migrate the selected helicopter to your working project.
- 5 - After migrated, go into your project and make the step 2 again since the wires might be disconnected due to different input names.
- Replicated out of the box, server autorithy and owning player simulation to avoid perception lag.
- Body and Cockpit Meshes are separated for a more detailed (high poly) and immersive experience when in first person.
- Propeller Mesh are a separated mesh as well, can be used with Blades or Motion Blue Texture (both type implemented out of the box).
- Five pre-configured cameras: Cockpit, First Person without meshes, Top, Back and focus-stationary.
- Missiles and Machine Gun working out of the box.
- Run time configuration (set Debug Type > Velocity).
- Communication with your Game Mode is done through Interfaces.
- Individual Cue for each sound effect.
- Small details like dust in the ground, alarms for low health, etc.
- Collision detection with damage suggestion based on speed.
- 22 'Pure Functions' to query the helicopter state at easy.
Supported Platforms and Controllers:
- Tested on Windows.
- Tested with Mouse, Keyboard, Xbox controller and Flight joystick.