This plugin is a lightweight framework for complex rope simulations and destruction. Confusing processes are hidden from the blueprint graph, while useful functions / variables are exposed for easy access.
>Documentation (contains tutorial project download link)
- Runtime Cutting,
- Physics simulations,
- Component based (so can be added to actors as a child component),
- Skeletal and Static Mesh attachment,
- Built in C++ for optimal performance,
- Use any static mesh to customise rope (should have an appropriate shape and tile seamlessly in the x-axis),
- Particles emitted and sound played on cut,
- Simple project integration (supplied as a plugin),
- Blueprint functions enable expansive customisation,
- Minimal impact on resources (the code has been consolidated and refactored),
- Spawn at runtime,
- Grow and shrink rope at runtime.
- Non cutting and static rope variants.
>More Compatible Meshes Are Available Here!
Code Modules: RopeCutting Runtime Module
Number of C++ Classes: 6
Number of Blueprints: 33 (example blueprints)
Other: 10 Textures, 5 Materials, 2 Material Instances, 1 Material Functions, 1 Audio Cue, 2 Sound files, 1 Particle system.
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development/Target Build Platforms: Win64, Win 32
- This product is performance intensive,
- Please back up your work and test this product, ensuring that it meets your standards before incorporating it into projects.
- This product can be used to make more complex systems such as puzzles, traps and rope swings - these more complex systems lie outside the scope of this product's listing. Promotional videos and tutorial content pertaining to expanded capabilities are solely intended to showcase the plugin's versatility.
- I will provide support within the scope of the Rope Cutting components stated functionality. I am willing to assist with attempts to extend functionality but such additional support is offered on a discretionary basis.