This Plugin is fully functioning in UE5 EA. Unfortunately I cannot set it live for this engine version. Simply copy over the plugin folder and rebuild the project from source.
NOTE: I am working on a usage video . A Documentation and Example Project are available!
This plugin is still in development and gets extended with each update, therefor the price will change as much more functions get added to the plugin.
YOUTUBE TUTORIAL & UPDATED DOCUMENTATION (planned release 24th September)
V 1.4 WILDCARD ARRAY UPDATE (current version, released September 20th 2021):
- added Get & Set Wildcard Array Support for all common variable types (structs are excluded and require an own function)
-> Remove & Add may not be required, and can be access with the get function that's why I skipped them. let me know if they are required
- Support 4.27
V 1.3 EASIER DEBUG UPDATE ( released July 10th 2021):
-added Plugin Settings in Project Settings>Plugins>VariableAccess
- added 2 bools to enable/disable Print to Log or Print to Screen for all functions
-added PrintLog/PrintScreen functions for easier debugging (displaying the Actor the function is triggered from and/or the name of the variable which couldn't be found)
V 1.2 EVEN MORE VARIABLE SUPPORT UPDATE (released May 28th 2021):
-10 new functions supporting new variable types:
- Vector 2d
-Updating API to new API for 4.25+ (will remove warnings if compiled by source)
V 1.1 MORE VARIABLE SUPPORT UPDATE (Released May 13th 2021):
12 new functions supporting new variable types:
The library will help you to access variables (listed supported types only) of any actor anywhere in your code by searching for the variable name. The bool return value can be used to check if the desired variable exists.
All functions are widely accessible (in C++ and blueprint)and support also replicated variables.
For calculations with Int & Float by name, functions like Add, Multiply & Divide will help to keep your code clean and accessible.
Set & Math Functions return the new value for easier and cleaner node construction.
Due to time limitations and increasing complexity of the functions, further updates will require more time to be completed. I try to push out an update once a month to complete this plugin before the end of the year.
Easy Transform Functions
- Set Location of Transform
- Set Rotation of Transform
- Set Scale of Transform
More Wildcard Functions
- Wildcard Variable
- Wildcard Structs
- Wildcard Maps
Call Function by Name
I will support older engine versions if requested.Read More
- V1.4: Add Support for Arrays, 4.27 Support
- V1.3: Plugin Settings under ProjectSettings>Plugins>VariableAccess to toggle global debugging (print to log/screen) for easier debugging (displaying the Actor the function is triggered from and/or the name of the variable which couldn't be found)
- V1.2: Add Support for Int64, Vector2d, IntVector, IntPoint, Object
- V1.1: Add Support for Transform, Rotator, LinearColor, Name, Text, String
- V1.0: Support Bool, Byte, Float, Int, Vector
- Access Variables of any actor, anywhere, by its name
- Check if desired variables exist (bool return result)
- Set/Get Functions of all the above supported variable types
- Scale Vector Function
- Math Functions for Float & Int
- Replicated Variables supported!
- VariableAccessLib (Runtime)
Number of Blueprint Nodes: 40
Number of C++ Classes: 3 [VariableAccessFuncLib, VariableAccessSettings, VariablesAccessLogging]
Network Replicated: Functions are not replicated but can be called on Server or Client for replicated variables.
Supported Development Platforms: PC (Win,Mac)
Supported Target Build Platforms: Any
Documentation: Documention (WIP)
Example Project: 4.26
Important/Additional Notes: I will support older engine versions if requested.