Demo: LINK Tutorial: LINK
Plugin enables you to draw collections of Symbols/Patterns which can be recognized during gameplay by a Neural Network system.
It can be used in different gameplay scenarios:
- Cast a spell according to a mouse gesture
- Paint a symbol on doors and unlock them if correct
- Make a minigame that requires speed and precise drawing to pass
- Draw different patterns (Symbols) in a plugin's window. It can be letters, digits or any abstract shape. Launch machine learning and save the result. Test drawing accuracy inside the plugin window. Then do a simple setup in Blueprints or code to be able to draw and test the drawing accuracy in a game.
Workflow for in game drawing and testing symbols accuracy:
- Initialize drawing by calling a method BeginDrawing() on input PRESSED
- Pass brush (cursor) location into Draw() method when moving your brush or in Tick
- Call EndDrawing() to break current drawing line on input RELEASED
- When a drawing is finished Test its accuracy by calling TestDrawing or GetMostAccurateSymbol
- React somehow to the test result (either kill a player if failed of throw a blizzard of fireballs when succeeded)
- Call ClearCanvas when current drawing is not needed and want to start new drawing.
Plugin contains 3 examples of In Game usage (SRTestLevel)Read More
- Built-In tool for drawing and saving symbols.
- Customizable parameters to modify Neural Network sensitivity.
- Simple setup for in game use.
- Example level with 3 mechanics (casting spells, drawing on mesh, minigame).
- Step by step tutorial inside the plugin.
- Drawing symbols is independent from size and position which makes it much easier to draw a correct symbol.
- Two debug widgets to test drawing accuracy in game.
- Possibility to create multiple symbol collections that can be set for recognition in gameplay.
- SymbolRecognizerPlugin (Runtime)
- SymbolRecognizerEditor (Editor)
Number of Blueprints: 8
Number of C++ Classes: 20
Network Replicated: No
Supported Development Platforms: Win64/Win32
Supported Target Build Platforms: Win64/Win32
Documentation: 'ShowTutorial' inside plugin or partly in video tutorials
Example Project: Inside plugin SRTestLevel (SymbolRecognizer/Resources/TestContent)
Important/Additional Notes: Do not change default root plugin folder name. It must be 'SymbolRecognizerPlugin'.