Fly-Through video: ;
A Pirate Ship Cabin utilizing many of the advanced features available in Unreal Engine 4 including a single master material featuring Parallax Occlusion Mapping with distance based fade, sub-surface scattering, and tessellated displacement. The environment also utilizes advanced lighting techniques such as Static Mesh Emissive Lighting, Modulated Lighting and Volumetric Lighting.
This environment is designed to be dissected to learn various techniques available within Unreal Engine 4 and the assets are designed to be re-used in other projects.
- A single master material featuring parallax occlusion mapping with distance based fade, sub-surface scattering, and tessellated displacement
- Advanced lighting techniques such as Static Mesh Emissive Lighting, Modulated Lighting and Volumetric Lighting
Modular design to keep resource overhead low
- All textures are 2K (2048)
- Collision: Yes
- Meshes ranged between 30 and 6,000 polys
- LODs: No
- 41 Meshes
- 6 Materials and 44 instances
- 107 Channel packed textures
- Supported Development and Build Platform(s): Windows PC
- There are two Planar Reflection actors in the scene which you can enable to improve reflection quality by selecting them then under their Details pane checking Rendering > Visible but this will dramatically reduce performance.
- The door above the stairs uses modulated lighting, to use this swap the glass material with the modulated version then build lighting. I replace this with an emissive material after i build to improve the visual quality.