Video overview of the project
Video of the first update (weapons equipment)
The Project Close Combat: Swordsman is created to provide developers with a
template for games of different genres: action games, RPG’s, slashers or fighting
games. The template includes a combat system, a system for character movement,
a system for managing character’s level up, and a system of skills for a character.
Also implemented a fully compatible addition for hand-to-hand combat (Distributed separately):
Close Combat: Fighter
***Monthly Unreal Engine Sponsored Content product for October 2019***
Check out ZzGERTzZ's other products here:
- Movement. There is a jumping system, as well as a system for movement in running and walking states. A combat system is also available, where it is possible to walk in a fighting stance in all directions, while making dashes or dodging an attack, etc ...
- Health component. This component comprises all parameters of character’s health. It can be used not only with the character, but with any actor, which might need health parameters.
- Melee Weapon. The class of melee weapon for close quarters combat. In the project, there are 3 different swords stylized differently: Futuristic sword, Sword of Light, Sword of Darkness.
- AI. Basic Artificial Intelligence is capable of hearing, seeing, following, and attacking the player from short range.
- XP management component. The component comprises all necessary logic to handle leveling up of a character.
- Game Interface (HUD). There is a fully animated game interface.
- Combat overview. A cinematic camera in combat.
Number of Blueprints: 20
Input: Keyboard, Mouse
Network Replicated: No
Documentation: Rus / Eng
Online support: Discord channel
Number of Animations: 77
Scaled to Epic skeleton: Yes
Number of Meshes: 3
Texture Sizes: Swords: PBR 4096*2048
Vertex Count: 4000-8000