Slice skeletal mesh during animation with 100% Blueprint!
If your humanoid character is rigged to Epic Skeleton,
- Remove all body parts except for pelvis (Don't modify skeleton tree) and then import it
- When importing, replace its skeleton to "SK_Sliceable_Mannequin_Skeleton"
- When importing, replace its physics asset to "SK_Sliceable_Mannequin_PhysicsAsset"
- Set it as a mesh of "BP_Sliceable" and replace other static mesh components to proper mesh
Then it will just work!
Else, please send me a mail to request for documentation about how to adopt it to the non-Epic Skeleton from the bottom up.
- Slice skeletal mesh while animated or ragdoll
- Slice every single part of body (except for pelvis)
- No precut nor designated. Cutting planes are generated instantly as you intended
- One slicing for each bone is guaranteed
- Option for multiple slicing for each bone (Physics simulation is partially supported in this case)
- Option to stop animation or keep playing after sliced
- Easy to adapt to humanoid characters especially rigged to Epic Skeleton
- Best for robots, mannequins, arthropods and armored men like Stormtroopers or the Black Knight
- May not proper to organic, elastic, set of meat chunk (because this trick is based on static meshes)
- Need to import each body part of characters you want to use
- If you want to use a custom skeleton tree which is different from Epic Skeleton, you have to add some sockets and constraints to your skeleton and physics asset as I did
- Hands and feet can be animated by renouncing sliceability. You have an option for them
- It doesn't provide some magical tools, but it shows how to build up your sliceable skeletal mesh based on the procedural mesh
Number of Blueprints: 3
Network Replicated: Not tested
Supported Development Platforms: Windows, macOS
Supported Target Build Platforms: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Oculus, Steam VR or other VRs.