Please note: As of version 3.0 (published 10 June 2020), the minimum unreal engine version has been set to 4.20. Older versions can still use version 2.0!
EasySky is a blueprint driven skybox with a dynamic day/night cycle, aimed for realism and maximum performance. It's 100% multiplayer ready and ready for use in any multiplayer game.
The project contains a blueprint that you can drag in your level, and it will work instantly.
It's made for easy use, but can, if wanted, be tweaked by the user.
About the Author:
The Author of EasySky has been working in the games industry for over 10 years as Technical Artist, working on several AAA titles for a wide range of hardware, including mobile, PC, Xbox 360/One, PS(3/4), and (mobile) VR.
Because of this experience, the project is focused on great performance. All the code has been double checked and profiled to max out the performance of the skybox.
- Dynamic day/night cycle with speed up possibilities
- Multiplayer ready
- Dynamic weather changes
- Dynamic rain and thunder
- Dynamic rain occlusion
- Dynamic ground puddles
- Flexible sky sizes
- Sun texture
- Dynamic moon with realistic new moon cycle. (Full moon, half moon, etc)
- Dynamic clouds system
- Cloud fill parameter to transition from clear sky to overcast
- Northern latitude property to change the rotation of the sun
- Cloud lighting around the Sun
- Dynamic fog
- Dynamic sun and moon cycle
- Dynamic blending between different presets (multiplayer replicated)
- Audio support for different times of the day
Number of Blueprints: 2 (BP_DayNightCycle and BP_Audio)
Number of Materials: 1
Number of Pixel Instructions:
- Sky: 330 or 321 ( 2 Cloud layers vs 1 Cloud layer)
- Puddles: 269 (added to base material)
Number of Vertex Instructions: 31
Number of Material Functions: 12
Number of Textures: 6
Number of Meshes: 1
Number of Draw Calls: 1
No Alpha or masked materials
Intended Platform: Desktop
Platforms Tested: Desktop
Network Replicated: Yes.