Render vast amounts of vegetation without slowing down your game.
Nature Renderer improves the quality of your vegetation rendering by replacing Unity's default terrain details system. Everything works with your existing data: use the same grass, vegetation, and trees and keep your existing terrains. We just level-up your renderer.
Trusted by over 25,000 developers. You can expect a polished and well-optimized plugin, with extensive documentation.
Supports all platforms¹ and all render pipelines²
The correct assets are automatically imported into your project. More details and an exact list of supported versions are at the end of the description.
Just add the Nature Renderer component to your terrain and everything works instantly.
Physically Based Rendering
Get accurate lighting and more detail on your grass, vegetation, and terrain details. You can use full PBR shaders on your detail objects. Such as the Standard Shader or any other.
Use Level-of-Detail on your terrain detail objects to reduce complexity in the distance and increase performance.
Enable shadows for grass, plants, and other terrain details.
Better wind for your vegetation. The included wind shaders provide accurate and lifelike wind for grass, plants, and trees.
Use any custom shader for your terrain details to achieve special effects.
Align to terrain
Align your grass and objects to the terrain surface. No more floating grass or objects clipping through the terrain.
Use Unity's default terrain, detail, and tree editing tools. No need to change your workflow.
Results show both in edit-mode and at runtime. And all changes to your terrain are updated immediately.
- Fully multi-threaded for best performance.
- Fade out vegetation in the distance.
- Efficient culling of vegetation.
- Works with multiple terrains.
- Minimal GC Allocations and stable consistent performance.
- Works with multiple cameras.
- Floating Origin support for large worlds.
- All data is compressed for optimal memory usage.
- Easily disable rendering when a player is indoors or can't see the terrain.
Comes with Nature Shaders Essentials
Includes a collection of essential vegetation shaders that enable Wind Animations, Translucency, Color Variations, and more.
¹ Supported platforms and APIs:
• DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 on Windows
• OpenGL Core 4.1+/ES3.0+ on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS and Android
• Metal on macOS and iOS
• Vulkan on Windows, Linux and Android
• PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
• WebGL (requires WebGL 2.0 API)
² Supported render pipelines and Unity versions:
✔ Standard/Built-In · Unity 2018.4 - 2020.3
✔ High-Definition 7.2+ · Unity 2019.3 - 2020.3
✔ Universal 7.2+ · Unity 2019.3 - 2020.3