XFur Studio 2 is the ultimate fur rendering system for Unity.
The next evolution of 2018's Unity Awards nominated XFur Studio, the brand new XFur Studio 2 has been re-written from the ground up for extreme performance, quality and ease of use.
XFur Studio 2 allows you to add realistic, fully customizable and efficient GPU accelerated fur simulations compatible with all platforms and rendering pipelines* to your game within seconds and in just a few clicks
• NEW ! Emissive Fur effects
• NEW ! Redesigned and improved rendering in all pipelines
• NEW ! Translucency and anisotropic highlights support in all pipelines
• NEW ! Improved UI and support for Light & Dark Unity themes
• NEW ! Support for URP and HDRP 10.x in Unity 2020.3 LTS
• Highly detailed and customizable Curly fur
• Fur strand maps can be procedurally generated within the Unity Editor and exported as PNG files.
• Advanced fur rendering for Forward and Deferred
• Full lighting and shadows support on a per-instance and per-material basis
• Unparalleled performance and quality
• Highly rated customer support, full documentation and extensive video tutorials
• Compatible with VR, AR and mobile*
• Design tools included to edit, paint, shave and groom the fur all within the Unity editor
• Highly scalable, from low detail fur for mobile games to extremely high resolution for close ups and cinematics
• Dynamic LOD management
• Post Process support *
• Compatible with HDRP and Universal RP
• GPU accelerated fur physics simulation on all platforms, even mobile
• Snow coverage / melting simulation
• Other visual FX such as rain and blood are also supported
• Fur can be groomed in any direction
• Fur painting, editing, shaving and grooming supported at runtime through an easy to use API
• Basic fur editing at runtime can be done through 3D brushes, with no coding required.
• Source code included
This tool is not designed for human hair but rather for animal / creature fur
Post Process effects that depend on motion vectors (TAA, advanced Motion blur) may cause some visual artifacts.
*This tool is not targeted at low end mobile devices nor low end / Android based VR devices but rather to recent mid and high end devices. Support for OpenGL ES 3.1+ or equivalent is heavily recommended.
HDRP and Universal RP variants are slightly more demanding than the Built in version due to the internal architecture and limitations of SRP technology
This tool requires one license for each developer working on the project and using XFur Studio or a character using XFur Studio shaders. For larger teams please check the Team Edition of XFur Studio 2
Alpha / Beta versions and features of Unity are not supported. The use of LTS versions of Unity is highly recommended, particularly Unity 2019.4 LTS
Characters and models using XFur Studio 1.x or XFur Mobile require additional work and manual setups in order to upgrade to XFur Studio 2. Due to the many internal differences between both versions an automatic upgrade is not possible