Water System it's module based component allowing to simulate such water surfaces as an ocean/sea/river/lakes. Water System targeted at PC/console platforms and standard Unity rendering
This version is not compatible with URP / HDRP / Mobile / VR
Compatibility for these platforms will be added later in separate packages.
All demo scenes are included in the project.
Water rendering uses physical approximation for lighting/wave simulation and based on such physical parameters as wind power, turbidity, transparency, dispersion, etc. Therefore, the rendering of water should look correctly in any scene, for example, during the day, at night, at sunset or in the cave.
- GPU waves simulation with multiple cascades (for avoid tiling)
- Physical approximation of lighting (volumetric lights and shadows, absorption, scattering, caustic)
- Physical approximation of reflection using fast screen space planar-projected reflections, camera planar reflections, baked and realtime reflection probes.
- Physical approximation of refraction in screen space with dispersion (using water IOR)
- Physical approximation of caustic relative to water depth.
- Underwater effect with partial submersion
- Shoreline waves rendering with foam particles
- Flow rendering using flowmaps (integrated flowmap painter)
- Water depth rendering for posteffects
- Offscreen water rendering with scalable resolution
- Video/text description of each setting in editor
In the following updates will be added support for ocean foam, buoyancy, dynamic waves and more features.