Grids 2D is an easy to use, highly optimized and flexible grid generator and territory/cell highlighter/fader.
- Configurable, fully interactive and flexible grid generation, including Voronoi tessellation, boxed, rectangular and hexagonal types.
- Produces highly optimized grid mesh with reduced vertex count.
- Two levels of regions: cells and territories.
- Fastest selectable and highlighting system for both cells and territories.
- Coloring and fade out support for both cells and territories.
- Control the visibility of individual cells using API or alpha texture mask.
- Change visibility, color or texture of cells from Unity editor with the integrated grid editor.
- Define territories using the API, the grid editor or assigning a color texture
- A* Path Finding support. Get configurable paths from one cell to another with a single function call. Define blocking cells or specify crossing costs for entire cells or custom costs per hexagon side!
- Range function: get reachable cells within a given distance and a starting cell.
- Extensive API (C#) for controlling and managing the grid, including selectable cells/territories, finding neighbours and merging cells.
- 16 demo scenes included with practical examples (checkers board, texture/mosaic revealing, cell visibility, vertex locating, texturing, cell merging, masking, path finding, ...).
- Works with orthographic and perspective cameras!
- Supports Unity 2018.4 or later.
- Compatible with Standard/builtin and URP.
- Full source code included (C#).