Avatar Maker it is an Editor extension plugin that generates a 3D avatar from one selfie photo. You can use an existing photo or make a new one with a web-camera right from the Unity Editor, and Avatar Maker will instantly turn it into a photorealistic 3D avatar. This avatar can be animated by tracking head movements and facial expressions in a video from your web camera.
The plugin works only inside the Unity Editor on WINDOWS and can not be used in Play mode or standalone applications.
Key features of the Avatar Maker Pro:
- Automatic generation of a color 3D face model from a single portrait photo.
- 9 Levels of Details for the generated head mesh
- 45 predefined hairstyles.
- Hairstyles recoloring.
- 62 blendshapes support a wide range of facial expressions.
- Pro-version of the plugin allows creating a prefab from a customized avatar to use it in other Unity scenes and export it into FBX or OBJ file formats.
- Realtime avatar animation from video.
- Pro-version of the plugin allows to record tracked movements into animation clip file and export into FBX.
To get started with the plugin please follow these steps:
- Import the plugin into an existing Unity project.
- Open Window -> Avatar Maker -> Avatars.
- In the opened window press “Select photo” to generate an avatar from an existing selfie or press “Web Camera” to take a new photo.
- Once the plugin loads a photo, wait about 5-10 seconds while the avatar is being calculated.
- The generated avatar with a best suited hairstyle will be placed into the opened scene.
- You can select this avatar in the “Hierarchy” panel to change the hairstyle or customize the blendshapes.
To animate an avatar, follow these steps:
- Add the generated avatar to a Unity scene.
- Open Window -> Avatar Maker -> Facial Motion Capture.
- Connect a web camera to your PC.
- Press “Start Capturing” button.
- Look into the camera, the avatar will track your head pose and mimic your facial expression.
- If you need to record an animation, just press “Start recording” button.
- The plugin works on Windows 7, 8 or 10 64-bit.
- Intel or AMD processor with AVX extension. Intel Core i5, i7 or Xeon CPUs newer than 2012 are strongly suggested.
- 2Gb of RAM available.