Crest is a technically advanced, feature rich ocean system targeted at PC and console platforms and Unity 2019.4.8 or later.
This product targets Unity URP - suitable for a wide range of devices and VR. Please ensure you are targeting URP before purchasing this product.
Email Support | Discord | Issue Tracking | Twitter
* Simulated light transport including reflection, refraction, scattering, caustics approximation, shadowing
* Completely dynamic wave shape with innovative 'equalizer' style wave authoring
* Shallow water - light scattering and wave attenuation
* Underwater with partial submersion
* Dynamic object-water interaction
* Foam simulated from waves and shorelines
* Flow to enable horizontal motion of water volume
* Physics interface with simplistic buoyancy implementations and support for Dynamic Water Physics 2
This asset comes with an example Pirate Cove demo scene assembled by , using terrain textures generously provided by This example data is optional; the PirateCove folder does not need to be imported for Crest to work.
Note: This asset targets the Universal Render Pipeline. A version of this system targeting Unity's Built-In Render Pipeline is freely available and can be useful for experimentation:
Note 2: Crest is targeted at PC and console platforms. It may work on mobile but is built to be powerful, flexible and scalable rather than a minimal/specialised system that would maximise performance.
Note 3: Crest relies on Compute Shaders, so only compute-compatible platforms are supported. Unfortunately Crest does not support WebGL. More information:
Note 4: Crest is targeted towards projects that require an advanced water simulation. It requires technical setup and configuration and is not a simple drop-in solution.
Note 5: Crest does not currently support rendering multiple cameras simultaneously, as would be required for example for split screen multiplayer.
The Crest code contains MIT-licensed code. The copyright notices are specified in the included file ThirdPartyNotices.md.