Interactive HTML5 demo: (Mozilla, Chrome, Opera)
Advanced Aim Component allows you to achieve nice and smooth aiming effect by simply adding this to your character as a component. It also give you fast-setup targeting system as well as free aiming and sniper scope support. Everything is ready to use and all you have to do, is setup some variables and character controls. Moreover, most features can work together, so you can combine them and make really awesome feel of your game. Component works similar way to CharacterMovement Component. That means, that whole logic implements into your character automatically, all you have to do is pass inputs values and some references into component.
Everything is written with blueprints and there is no C++ code. Graphs, functions, macros and variables are commented, so you can easily add or edit functionality of the component.
This will be very useful for First Person games, where you want to have nice feeling camera turning or targeting systems (Targeting will work great with gamepad).
Number of Blueprints:
1 Actor Component
+ Default FPS template blueprints (1 additional preview widget).
• "Lazy" weapon. Weapon will smoothly follow controller.
• "Lazy" camera. Controller will smoothly follow weapon
• "Lazy" controller. Whole controller (camera and weapon) will smoothly follow your mouse movement
• Actor targeting. Actor targeting will allow you to target one of the actors on your scene and shoot them easily. Great for Gamepad support.
• Free aiming. You can aim without turning your controller.
• Gamepad support.
• Touch support.
• Dynamic crosshair. Dynamic crosshair will help you to see, what you aim at. Of course, you can turn it off (Crosshair will always stay in the center).
• Scope. Use this functionality, to make sniper scope for your weapon. You can even combine it with free aim and Actor targeting.
• Clean and commented code. I tried to make it as clean as I can. Many things are under functions and macros, so there is no messy graphs. And almost everything is commented (Variables, functions, nodes and logic).
Platforms: PC, HTML5, iOS, Android, PS, Xbox.
Platform tested: PC, HTML5, Android